New Year's Resolutions

2015. what’s my goal this year. Well, I haven’t actually listed all of them yet. Though I have plenty of time to actually list it out, I always tell myself I need a peaceful time to write them but every time I stumbled upon the peaceful time, I found myself sleeping. HAHA. Not a good habit. Not a good habit. 

So here's what I thought. As you read you will know what my goal is.

Facebook is a social medium right? For people to interact. But now, people seemed to share useless things on Facebook. Like, things that didn’t matter to others. Things that should be kept as private are hugely shared and shown and shoved to others’ people eyes. Sometimes I wonder, are they showing off their lives or what? But then again, I don’t want to think much because the niat has been already judged by Allah. What more do I got into that business of judging others. I hate playing God.

As human, we LOVE to play God. I have the habit of doing it too. It's a really bad habit if you're asking me. So, when people posted or shared useless things on Facebook, there were so many reactions. People started to judge and suddenly there were negative comments on Facebook. I tried really hard to not look at all the things that they said or shared. Then from there, came the GOSSIPS. 

To me, one of New Year’s resolutions is to talk less about other people's lives. I used to have a group whatsapp with my girls called Gossip Girls. But, I changed it cuz I was very displeased with the name. It sounds so negative. If you have been a victim of gossip, you will know how it feels. That is why, this year, I want to do my best to not talk or comment about others’ lives. Unless, I can do something about it. It truly is pointless to talk or gossip about someone else lives. What benefit do you have if you talk about it? Unless you consider dosa is a huge benefit for you then go ahead. I won’t stop you. Now don’t go around poking out my sins just because I said this okay. What I said is true and it comes from my sincere heart. 

Okay. I don’t want to summon you to not gossiping. Go ahead and do what it is that makes you happy. 

But that is what my goal this year. Hopefully I can get away from all the gossips. Gossips are half true and half not true. If you spread gossip and the ‘news’ you spread isn’t true, we call it fitnah. More or less, you’re spreading fitnah than the truth. So, be careful. Dear me, forget gossips. My life is way more fun to talk about rather than others’ lives. Wanna know the truth, seek the person yourself. 

Another resolution that I want to make or to improve myself is in the gratefulness area. I know I’ve said that the key to happiness is grateful but I haven’t really practiced it especially during my down moment. I’ve seen people with great positivity and I admire them. Every time they faced trouble or people did something bad to them, they say, it’s okay. When you say it more than enough, your mind will certainly feel that way too and then, you won’t really feel bad after all. 

Yerp. I certainly want to be more grateful. I tried to be for the past weeks and life has been awesome for me. I may not get what I want but I get what I need. Haha. See. I am being grateful. Really. 

I think there are so many things to be grateful for. Even little thing like being able to read. Can you imagine what will happen to you if you cannot read? HAHA. Better thank your teacher now. Whatever it is, I want to be grateful as much as I can. 

I also read someone’s statement, he said, we pray not because we have things to ask for, but because we have so many things to be grateful for. Isn’t it beautiful? Of course the person wrote it in Malay and I translated it in English but still, the meaning is there. Thank you for sharing this with me. 

So here are my two new year’s resolutions.. there's more btw.

1) less gossiping 
2) be grateful as much as I can 

will be writing to you later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOA untuk ingat dengan SEKALI BACA

gambar malam gala unit F

mengundang padah bila tidak berhati-hati. :(