Happy Pongal


Happy Pongal. Did I spell it correctly? 

So what's this Pongal Day actually? Pongal Day is like the thanksgiving day or harvest festival for Indians. Indian in Malaysia also celebrates this day.

As a citizen of Malaysia, I am very proud that I don't have to go far to see all these festivals. It happens in Malaysia. Proud to be Malaysian. 

You should know more about this festival. At our institute, the Indians are also celebrating this festival. That's why you can see all those beautiful Kolam everywhere. OK. Kolam here does not mean pool or pond macam dalam bahasa Melayu tu. 

I did not take pictures much because I didn't bring my camera during that day.  I thought my phone camera is useless but the picture turned out nice.. Haha. 

Taken with Sony Xperia Arc. Shiron's phone. Please don't look at my b**bs. 

Kolam. Beautiful right?  Taken with my phone.
Kolam is actually meant for giving food to other souls so that the more you will get. In real life actually, Kolam is made of flour to feed small animals like ants. Because according to their culture, even that tiny creature has a soul. Amazing right? But the Kolam picture I took is meant for decoration. They use colourful rice. It's beautiful and it's an art baby! 
 :)

Basically, this Pongal day is like wishing for the next harvest to be overflowing. That's why they have this overflowed cooking to symbolize the overflowing harvest. Just Google it to find out more.

I enjoy being here at this institute because any festivals, we will definitely celebrate it. That's why Malaysia has so many public holidays... Holidays are lovely. Don't you think? :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOA untuk ingat dengan SEKALI BACA

gambar malam gala unit F

mengundang padah bila tidak berhati-hati. :(