TESL Students and Expectations


Being a TESL student who studies in Malaysia is not that bad at all.. 

We have seniors from Warwick, a university from London. People put high expectations from them. When I heard they're coming back to Malaysia, I was expecting them to actually speak like this person.. 

Haiyah... I speak British accent with grammatically correct sentences. 

But, who am I kidding? These people went there for three years only. How can I expect they to speak completely like this person? Harhar.. 


When they came back, we had a celebration for them. Welcoming Party. I don't know what's wrong with our trend, they are leaving, we are throwing party for them, then they come back also need to have party. haha.. Sorry, I am not this 'party' thing kinda person. 

During the party, they were asked to give a speech. I was really excited to hear them speak English with British accent of course. I said to myself, FINALLY! Then, there. I had it. The biggest shock ever. OK. Maybe not the biggest but I was so shocked. Haha. I said to myself, so that's how people who study at UK speak huh? Then I was laughing my ass off with my friend. *IF you are one of them and who speak British accent, please don't be offended.*

Seriously people? LOL

Then again, my honest thought and wish for those people. Please, at least, speak grammatically correct grammar and please remember, wherever you are studying, just make sure you are adapting the knowledge to our environment and system. Thank you. 

p/s: Our class got the room 20 which is meant for TESL students, but those people thought the room is theirs so when we claimed our right, they were freaking mad. I was like, why are you so mad? That room is not yours and not even ours. It's ours for this semester but we might be chased out next semester too ya know. So mengada lah these people. 

p/p/s: they left their lesson plan in the computer in the room and one of our lecturers opened it up and asked us what's the error there? Guess what?? It's SVA. Cmon la people from UK. I am laughing my ass off real hard here. Thanks for the joke. It's really funny. *I don't really speak error free sentences here but guess what, I study in Malaysia and most people from the community speak Malay. Unlike you guys there. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOA untuk ingat dengan SEKALI BACA

gambar malam gala unit F

mengundang padah bila tidak berhati-hati. :(